hints, allegations and things left unsaid...
flickr | feed | latest | last 10 


Hello uncle!
Lal Bagh botanical garden in Bangalore, is God sent for photographers still learning the ropes. Just amble here for an hour and you're bound to come across diverse subjects - both botanical and non-botanical. I was moving about with my camera slung around my neck when these school children came on their field trip. Their teachers kept saying - "look children, uncle has a camera! he will take your photos". The children of course are a lot smarter these days than we used to be and needn't be told what uncles with cameras look like (or what they do). There I was standing amidst them with joyous cries of "hello uncle" pouring into my ears from everywhere. The sun came out for those evanescent moments. The children rushed past me and it was cloudy again.

HelloUncle

HelloUncle2

p.s. Canon 350D in action. Pictures cropped a wee bit.
posted: 18.7.05

13 Comments

And on objections to the title "Uncle" ;-) My brother went from being called Bhaiyya (by the bldg kids) to Uncle overnight - confused he asked what brought on the change since the age-gap remained the same as did the relship - he was informed it was the change in marital status! ;-)

By Blogger G Shrivastava, at 18.7.05  



I meant "NO" not "on" objections ;-)

By Blogger G Shrivastava, at 18.7.05  



a small demand deepak :-)

Remove Navbar

http://blogger-templates.blogspot.com/2005/01/remove-navbar.html

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 19.7.05  



cool pics uncle :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 19.7.05  



:-) I don't think the kids here were aware of marital status. Clearly, age is catching up with me!

Hey Sudhakar - actually I love the nav-bar, especially the fact that it allows you to search within my blog! Any particular reason you want it removed sir?

Thanks Anonymous uncle/aunty :-)

By Blogger Deepak, at 19.7.05  



Uncle ... hehehe :-P

By Blogger Ashwin, at 19.7.05  



Yes, that bar is adding some extra disturbance to eyes since most of the internet users will start looking at the webpage right in top middle part of web page :-)

May be you should try a little google box on the side bar..just a suggestion...otherwise navbar works fine for search :-)

BTW, the next time you come to hyd, I will take a treat from you...for your uncle promotion ;-)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 19.7.05  



Schoolkids in Delhi look like miniature terrorists! These look angelic!

By Blogger Ink Spill, at 19.7.05  



What lens?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 19.7.05  



Canon EF 50mm/f 1.8 prime.

The shots were taken at ISO 100, f 6.3, Exposure times 1/320 (for the first) and 1/200.

By Blogger Deepak, at 19.7.05  



Hey Sudhakar, I took care to have a color-scheme/nav-bar that doesn't distract.

Shall leave it in place for now and perhaps re-consider it during next template design :)

You call it a promotion, I think this is demotion :=)

Hey Inky, It's been a while since I saw school kids in Delhi but I shall take your word for it :)

By Blogger Deepak, at 19.7.05  



well, last time i met Deepak, he looked fairly 'bhaiyya' type, i wonder, really what happened in between or maybe i myself need to get some kid to call me 'uncle' to realise. :-)

have you grown a beard or something ?

the second photo especially is nice. nothing like seeing kids put on a smile.

By Blogger Richard Hsu, at 20.7.05  



Where are the photoes of flowers, birds, butterflies, etc, of Lalbagh?

-Pavanaja

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 24.7.05  


Post a Comment




Archives Blogroll





All material posted on this blog is copyrighted and may not be used in any form without the explicit permission of the author.