hints, allegations and things left unsaid...
flickr | feed | latest | last 10 


Looking for a digital ('prosumer') camera
Dear Readers, I am looking for a new digital camera. My Minolta DiMage XT (3.2 MP) has served me well over last two years but now it is time to move on. I need more control over my shots. DiMage Xt is a good digital camera with a mind of its own and I find that more and more often we tend to disagree over how a shot should look. There is nothing like a digital SLR but I intend to pursue photography without mortgaging my rented apartment or selling my kidneys.

So kind readers, recommend me a camera that can be procured under (or a little over) 1000 dollars. And yes, I prefer to buy in Bangalore, India. GK Vale is listed as the only vendor for Canon (one of my preferred brands), but GK Vale would pretend that I am an ethereal apparition unless I was there for getting my pictures clicked for Visa. Once snubbed, twice shy. GK Wail Vale aren't getting a single penny of my hard earned money.

So what are my options, really?
posted: 7.7.05

6 Comments

SB is using a Canon Poweshot S1 IS, and the results are out there for you to see :) Another friend of mine bought the same model from JJ Mehta (they ship all over the country.) He too seems to be happy with it.

I'd say the new Canon Powershot S2 IS looks good. JJ Mehta has it :) (No, they didn't pay for me this...)

A DSLR... *sigh* :-( Ok, both Canon EOS 350D and Nikon D70s are sub-$1000 revolutionaries. Perhaps you should consider them also.

By Blogger sajith, at 8.7.05  



I agree, GK Vale are a bunch of losers.

Try GG Welling. Or buy it from Delhi (Mahatta's) or JJMehta. You'll save on the stupid Karnatak entry tax at the same time.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9.7.05  



Or if you have some friends in the US who are on their way back to India soon, you can order it off the net to their addresses and ask them to bring it back with them.

Bangalore customs is a pain though.

By Blogger M, at 10.7.05  



I would suggest Digital Rebel XT (smallest and lightest EOS DSLR)

http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=ModelDetailAct&fcategoryid=139&modelid=11154

By Blogger Sudhakar, at 10.7.05  



Thanks for your valuable suggestions everyone :). As the lastest post would have told you already, I am a proud owner of a Canon 350 D :-).

By Blogger Deepak, at 11.7.05  



yes dude.. GK Vale sucks in more ways than just that.. the fu**ers messed up the simple task of developing a slide roll!! a pity they couldn't master that in 95 years !! Adlabs seems to do a better job with that! i'm never going back to gkv X-(

me too on a lookout for a DSLR.. thinking of going for a D70, though my EOS Rebel 2k will make do for another while..

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2.8.05  


Post a Comment




Archives Blogroll





All material posted on this blog is copyrighted and may not be used in any form without the explicit permission of the author.