hints, allegations and things left unsaid...
flickr | feed | latest | last 10 


The boy at the fort


I ran into this boy, the moment I was within the perimeter of the Chitradurga fort. For a moment, it felt like he had walked out of one of those Charles Dickens novels that often begin with an account of the humble, downtrodden beginnings of their adolescent protagonist. Seeing a camera in my hand, he requested me to click him. I obliged. He couldn't be happier. Nor could I have been.

Update: Sajith pointed out that the version posted here looked a bit out of focus. I've tweaked the original a bit and posted the sharper version. The softer focus (or lack of it) has been intentional a few times before, but here, it was clearly an oversight.
posted: 3.12.05

4 Comments

waah. kya sly grin maara hai. and check out the scar...
just curious, was this the only shot or the best one? i never manage to take 'human' expression ones too well.

By Blogger wendigo, at 4.12.05  



Looks like a very tha-ra-le (naughty) boy ;-)

By Blogger Ashwin, at 4.12.05  



Is he slightly out of focus or is it my new spectacles? :)

By Blogger sajith, at 4.12.05  



Hi Wendigo.. this isn't he only one that I took, there are two more, of which I'll post one. I usually allow myself some time with the subject before getting the camera into the picture and that usually works :)

Hey Ash, I think the next pic will probably reenforce your assessment of the boy :)

Hey Sajith, I didn't notice it (come to think of it, I might be due for a visit to ophthalmologist) but now that you mention, yes I think it is a little soft. The subject must've either been slightly out of focus or it might be the noise removal filter I subjected this pic to, to clear off the graininess caused by shooting at ISO 400. Let me see if I can apply an unsharp mask and make it a little sharper.

By Blogger Deepak, at 4.12.05  


Post a Comment




Archives Blogroll





All material posted on this blog is copyrighted and may not be used in any form without the explicit permission of the author.