hints, allegations and things left unsaid...
flickr | feed | latest | last 10 


At the Chitradurga fort


After the rains had washed out the first day of my Hampi trip, I decided to abort the rest of the journey midway. I checked with the Hotel reception desk at Hospet, and much to my delight found out that I could hire a cab back to Bangalore the very next morning.

I slept fitfully that night. The very fatigue which would have made sleep most inviting, kept it away from me. At dawn, while most guests at hotel were still ordering their bed-teas, I freshened up and stepped out for breakfast. The dawn, although it did not look like one that would herald a bright sunny morning, yet it held some promise. The sun had risen, but it shone only reluctantly – like a convalescing old man, who is still uncertain of his strength and therefore weighs his each step carefully.

The drive at 7:00 morning was one of the most delightful rides I have enjoyed in a long long time. I could now soak in the beautiful scenery outside without the accompanying dread of the night before. Yes, the ride was still bumpy for the road was riddled with potholes. The cab driver attributed them to the heavy rains, but given the insolubility of both tar and tarmac in water, I wondered if the much maligned showers were actually meteorite showers after all.

Two hours whizzed past me like a dreamy blur – literally so because I had dozed off! Had it not been for the loud music playing in the car, I would have felt inclined to treat what I saw outside as contents of a dream too. The sun had finally gotten the better of the clouds. There were sunflower fields on one side of the road, while the other was lined with squat hills that were dotted with numerous white wind mills (not the quaint European sorts – perhaps “aerogenerator” conveys a more accurate picture) – their blades turning lazily each time a gush of breeze would offer encouragement.

Just a few minutes later I found myself being driven through a town known for it’s grand fort – Chitradurga. What transpired at the fort, will be the topic of my posts this week, but for now I guess it is sufficient to conclude with this picture that is my entry to this week’s photofriday theme – yellow.
posted: 27.11.05

6 Comments

The butterfly looks so delicate & beautiful.

By Blogger M, at 28.11.05  



Cool, this is a macro effect right?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 28.11.05  



Thanks Manjusha! The rough, rocky background adds a nice contrast too!

Hi Sudhakar, Not sure what you mean by "Macro Effect". I used my regular 17-45 mm at 17mm to click this.

By Blogger Deepak, at 30.11.05  



This is an amazing angle at which you've shot the photograph... my favourite on your site at present... how did you manage to shoot the butterfly without disurbing it?

By Blogger Rahul Kumar, at 2.1.06  



Hey Rahul, the butterfly kept fluttering about - I just happened to be at the right place at the right moment!

By Blogger Deepak, at 8.1.06  



This picture is my favorite in the series -but I loved your story even more so - You took my right back to India, with bed tea and bumpy roads and a blaring radio..

Just lovely to peruse your blog...

Oh yes, on second thouhgts I wavered a bit in my choice..the windmill picture is such an awsome composition. It could have been gorgeous - such a pity that sometimes the results of our shots don't quite work the way we wish...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3.2.06  


Post a Comment




Archives Blogroll





All material posted on this blog is copyrighted and may not be used in any form without the explicit permission of the author.