hints, allegations and things left unsaid...
flickr | feed | latest | last 10 


Heaven and Earth


While standing at a hilltop in Chitradurga I caught a glimpse of rows of these wind-turbines far away in the horizon. The lighting and other ambient conditions (dust, haze) were such that no amount of wizardry with the camera (or help from other handy accessories such as a UV-Haze/Polarizing filter) would have salvaged this shot. I clicked nonetheless; hoping that I’ll be able to post-process and redeem it later. I clearly went overboard – to an extent that I wouldn’t even call it a “photograph” any longer. On the day of reckoning, this one will surely get filed under “digital art”.

Now if I was asked to provide an aural accompaniment to this picture, I’d point the interested listeners to “Tu Bin Bataye” from A. R. Rahman’s Rang De Basanti.
posted: 24.1.06

4 Comments

great view, but i dont like the picture quality

By Blogger Exotic Gringo, at 24.1.06  



Hey Kaushal.. it looks much worse when seen in its full 8 Megapixel glory. This is one of the pictures that nudged me to start shooting RAW. You lose so much detail with jpegs, that even minor tweaking of contrast can cause unacceptable posterization. In the view of these shortcomings, I urge you to look at this pictures as a digital impressionist painting :)

By Blogger Deepak, at 24.1.06  



Looks like another WinXp wp to me...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 25.1.06  



Thanks Sudhakar.

Hi Gloria,

I wish your directory did not require me to sign-up/register. I am already a part of 3 directories and have no room for remembering user credentials for another one.

Thanks,
Deepak

By Blogger Deepak, at 27.1.06  


Post a Comment




Archives Blogroll





All material posted on this blog is copyrighted and may not be used in any form without the explicit permission of the author.