hints, allegations and things left unsaid...
flickr | feed | latest | last 10 


New blog template
As an owner of this blog, it is my moral obligation to dress it with in a new template. Even more so because it will shortly turn two and its old clothes were beginning to look, well, old.

I had thought of doing a new template some two weeks ago, but at that time I had no clue as to what its final visual appearance would be. The current design was gifted to me by a fleeting flash of creativity, while I was browsing through the recent Coorg pictures. (Advice to myself: travel more).

The colorful mask, that dominates the header graphic, adorned the roof of a temple that we had visited on our descent from Talacauvery (the purported origin of the Cauvery River). I knew I had to use it, when I spotted the little sparrow perched on it, which displayed the élan of a Alfred Brendel performing first movement of moonlight sonata for the three hundredth time; despite the mask’s daunting appearance. And if you aren’t quite used to thinking in metaphors, the mask signifies ‘hints, allegations’ while the sparrow has been chosen as my insignia for ‘things left unsaid’.

HeaderMask

The jagged border again comes from a picture. The wooden stripes of wedges decorated the perimeters of the slanting, wooden, temple roofs:

JaggedBorder

The text, of course, was added in my favorite photo editing program: Paint Shop Pro.

More on this inspiring temple will follow shortly (as soon as I overcome my current resistance that hinders the completion of my birthday travelogue).
posted: 25.4.05

12 Comments

bhoota blogu!

By Blogger Ashwin, at 26.4.05  



Neat! One problem I see is, the unvisited links are not highlighted, at least with my browser.

Heh, heh, I'm in Deepak's blogroll. Woohoo! Thanks saar!

By Blogger sajith, at 26.4.05  



Congrats on the new look... like the banner a lot. Very nicely done indeed. I like the jagged border photo a lot too.

One tiny suggestion. At the bottom of the page (where the previous posts links are), put a single line break so the last line doesn't touch the edge of the browser. :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 26.4.05  



You are obviously better at this than me, deepak. It looks good. By the way I haven't visited enough recently, so missed your birthday - belated happy returns..so young!

By Blogger granny p, at 27.4.05  



PS. See I'm on your blogroll. Thanks. It's a great honour..

By Blogger granny p, at 27.4.05  



very original design. very local too!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 28.4.05  



:-) I see I see with my seeing eye...I see it all sirree!!

Cheeky addition - Now I know why I think of you as Erudite Mr Gulati ;-)
(ducks for cover as Deepak turns around to lash me with some pretty sarcasm!)

By Blogger G Shrivastava, at 30.4.05  



Nice work deepak :-)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1.5.05  



Hope the template didn't scare you too much Ash. Hope you'll keep visiting :)

Hey Sajith, thanks for pointing this out, have reversed the situation now - links are underlined and once you hover over them, the line disappears. The blogroll was long overdue!

Thanks Avis! Have incorporated your suggestion!

Thanks Granny! And the honour is mine :)

Thanks Muthu!

Thanks Rajesh!

Thanks Geetanjali! No Geets, no sarcastic remarks this time, I am, after all, to borrow a phrase from Douglas Adams - mostly harmless!

By Blogger Deepak, at 2.5.05  



Looking good, Deepak! I think that dark colour along the side of the page shows off your photos nicely (don't know how, seeing they're not ON the side of the page, but somehow it does). Lovely header, too. It's nice to know the meanings behind it.

Thanks for putting my blog on your roll - like Grannyp, I'm honoured. And you can't say "The honour is mine" again, because that would be repeating yourself, wouldn't it? And I'm guessing you wouldn't like to do that, Deepak...
LOL
:)

By Blogger D, at 4.5.05  



Thanks Deirdre, I agree with the black background on the sides, enhancing the colors of the pictures...

Am I at least allowed to say - "the pleasure is mine" :-)

By Blogger Deepak, at 4.5.05  



Oh, all right, then!

:)

By Blogger D, at 5.5.05  


Post a Comment




Archives Blogroll





All material posted on this blog is copyrighted and may not be used in any form without the explicit permission of the author.