hints, allegations and things left unsaid...
flickr | feed | latest | last 10 


Ostrich Mantra
Tell me, why should I twitch
at worldly matters on hand
When I can be an Ostrich
with head buried in sand

On a totally unrelated note, I couldn’t help posting this picture:

WakeMeUp

The pollens of this flower form a structure that looks like a flustered old man who has been rudely awakened from his afternoon siesta.

I vaguely remember good doc advising me to avoid contact sports for a month. I think the good doc – knowing well that I don’t (yet) play rugby - was subtly telling me to avoid Brigade road (and Forum) on Sundays.

On a totally totally totally unrelated note, I came across an Iraqi proverb that I found amusing yet profound:

“When a lion shows you its teeth, don’t assume that it is smiling”
posted: 17.3.05

7 Comments

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

By Blogger Sunrayz, at 17.3.05  



Oops! I pressed the publish button before I finished the post! Just dropping by to say hello. I have been trying to post for awhile now but having problems. Regarding the poem-

Why be an Ostrich in the sand?
Why miss the glorious colours?
Why miss the day grand?
Why miss the blooming flowers?

Phew! Thought I could'nt come up with that one!
Have a great weekend!

By Blogger Sunrayz, at 17.3.05  



Hope your newly-repaired self did not suffer terribly at the hands of the crowds...
Inkspill

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 18.3.05  



:-)

At sunset of your grand day,
this sand assumes its golnden glory
This is where the seeds stay,
before flowers begin their story

and so Sunrayz, I'll pursue my sand for a bit :-)


Hi Smyta, here is my take on life in context of the Ostrich Mantra...

What is life I still don't know,
I think I'm on a small errand
So till it is my time to go
In sand my time I will expend

Hi Inkspill, I came out without getting squashed though next time I am heeding to good docs' advise - once trampled twice shy.

By Blogger Deepak, at 20.3.05  



Is that a petunia? Love those anecdotes. ROTFLMAO at the Iraqi quote :-)

By Blogger G Shrivastava, at 22.3.05  



Hi Geetanjali, Not sure what flower it is :-(

By Blogger Deepak, at 27.3.05  



Thanks Smyta!

By Blogger Deepak, at 27.3.05  


Post a Comment




Archives Blogroll





All material posted on this blog is copyrighted and may not be used in any form without the explicit permission of the author.