hints, allegations and things left unsaid...
flickr | feed | latest | last 10 


More Poetry
Though I started flying more than three years ago, my fascination for view from a plane's window is still that of a 12 year old flying for the first time. Needless to say I try all in my might to inveigle a window seat, especially if on an international flight. While flying from Taipei to Seoul, the dense, white cloud formations found me unsuspectingly scribbling these lines on a paper napkin:

Guest
I am
a guest in the kingdom of clouds

uninvited - yes
unwelcome - perhaps
Though they let me pass
untouched, unharmed

Sometimes entertained
through myriad, changing forms
playing, singing, dancing
with rays of sun

Sometimes shaken,
gently, a kind plodding wobble
perhaps to assert their authority
reminding me

I am
a guest in the kingdom of clouds

Soul
While sailing through the kingdom of clouds
I seek my soul
Does it lurk beneath my own skin
Chaste, morose, sinking -
Or is it out with the clouds
Jiving happy afloat!
posted: 27.8.03

0 Comments
Post a Comment




Archives Blogroll





All material posted on this blog is copyrighted and may not be used in any form without the explicit permission of the author.