hints, allegations and things left unsaid...
flickr | feed | latest | last 10 


Creepy Leaf Buds
You would generally expect a delicate leaf bud to evoke pleasant emotions, happy thoughts – and that had indeed been the case, till recently.

The leaf bud below caused me to shudder for a few moments. There was something very sinister about its appearance. The tinge of pink about the two enclosing leaflets and the deep pink vein coiled around its center made it look as if it was a carnivore, content, having just devoured animal flesh.



Dali uses ants in is works as a metaphor for consternation, decay and degeneration. It is not usual to spot ants around leaf buds, so when I saw a few of these ant-like insects creeping at the base of a budding leaf, my unease was natural. The morbidity of my thoughts was compounded as I noticed that the base had a pinkish tinge of animal tissue richly supplied with blood!


posted: 2.8.04

5 Comments

Curious - what do you think about carnivorous plants? I don't think this one was remotely "flesh-eating" - just a rather innocuous looking avg plant. But I found some Blood hungry plants for you (evil bitch that I am - couldn't resist!)
Enjoy!

By Blogger G Shrivastava, at 3.8.04  



LOL, well probably the high res version of the first picture will give you creeps - have a look. The second one might be my own contrivance, but I do find first one very fiendish - especially the deep pink veins in the center!

In fact some of the carnivores picked by you would very narrowly miss winning in a flower show ;-)

By Blogger Deepak, at 3.8.04  



Nopes...still not creeped out. Guess I'm made of sterner stuff than you, eh? ;-)

By Blogger G Shrivastava, at 3.8.04  



Or devoid of fertile, morbid imagination ;-)

By Blogger Deepak, at 4.8.04  



Morbid, being the important word, eh? ;-)

Ok I think I should call it a day with this comment wrangling and allow your other visitors to say something for a change! :-)

By Blogger G Shrivastava, at 4.8.04  


Post a Comment




Archives Blogroll





All material posted on this blog is copyrighted and may not be used in any form without the explicit permission of the author.